☹️ My Experience with Online Overseas Shopping V’s Local Products
Online Overseas Shopping V's Local Products
I thought I'd be smart, and buy a few things online locally, thinking that the delivery times would be much faster, compared to the shopping overseas using cheaper competitors.
Here are my findings. I bought two items located in Melbourne Australia, One direct from a retail store, and the other via ebay.
- The retail store is located approx 36 kilometres from my home, OVER THREE WEEKS have now gone by, and still nothing, also non existent email customer service. Item Cost: AU $124.50 What really annoys me most, is the fact they are a prominent Australian retail outlet, with a strong online presence.
- Melbourne Ebay store, Fast Postage, Fast Communications, although No Tracking supplied, 5 days to delivery (Weekend included in time needed for delivery). (I Will deal with them again.) Item Cost: AU $88.50
Next Australian Items I bought, both were located in Sydney
I bought two items located in Sydney from the online offerings of Ebay.
- First store was as expected, Fast to Post (Same Day), and excellent communications, complete with full Australia Post tracking of my parcel. (I have dealt with them before, and will again in the future) Item Cost: AU $21.95
- Second store, Not So Good, took 5 days to get my item ready to post, unknown delivery time, NO POSTAL TRACKING, even though I paid for it. Item Cost: AU $8.99 + AU $3.50 postage
Next Australian Ebay Item I bought was located in South Australia
Paid 2nd July (Saturday) Posted 6th July (Monday) In transit Processed through Australia Post facility 9:26am Wed 6 Jul Netley, SA In transit With Australia Post for delivery today 9:23am Mon 11 Jul Dandenong South, VIC Delivered 3:15pm Mon 11 July, VIC
- This online ebay store, gave no postage choices on checkout. So I was surprised to see they supplied me with a tracking number. My camera lens arrived 9 days after my weekend order was placed, it was well packaged and not a bad product for the price, So as you can imagine, I will be dealing with this company again. Item Cost: AU $19.95
Now to Ebay Stores located in China.
I purchased another camera lens the same day as my South Australia purchase.
- This ebay store gave my the choice of tracking and expedited postal service, So I opted to pay the extra. Three weeks have gone by with item awaiting packaging, according to HK tracking ID supplied. I contacted the seller, who said item was already posted. Miraculously the Supplied Tracking Number on the same day suddenly jumped to say the Item has been Received by overseas carrier. H'mmm Wonders will never c