Do you think my tow vehicle is up to spec, or, do I need to invest in a bigger one?
Do you think my tow vehicle is up to spec, or do I need to invest in a bigger one?
This is an often asked, especially when the tow vehicle below is used.
Pleas Note: This is not intended to be a serious Post.
Important observations about owning this Tow Vehicle displayed in the Video below:
- Cheap to Buy and Repair.
- Spare parts available in most outback towns.
- No Heavy, and complicated tools needed to keep it running.
- Environmentally Friendly.
- The chances of getting a Speeding Ticket? Hmmmm NONE!
- NO REGO NEEDED in all States and Territories of Australia.
- The gear ratio on the model shown in the video above, is 1:1. (Might prove a bit difficult going up hills.)
- Head winds are a real nightmare (You might end up going backwards if the wind is gusting)
- No all weather option available, (Extra weight in the caravan, for wet weather gear.)
- No all wheel drive available in this model.
- You will need rear view mirrors, as per road rules. (This will cause some directional steering instability, when the mirrors are attached to the handlebar, --- P.S. ADDING a bit of Extra Weight to the Tow Ball should fix it)
- The regulation Bell already fitted, might need to be upgraded to an electric horn. (Extra and unforeseen expense)
- Braking on a downhill incline, might prove a tad long. (I would suggest the fitting of electric brakes)
- Night Driving is a Real NO NO (The batteries needed to operate the necessary lights and safety gear, would put you in real danger of being overloaded, on any weigh bridge.)
- Reversing into parking spots is nearly impossible. (So you can only use drive through locations for your holiday, You Might find a nice Caravan Park Attendant, who will park your van for you.)
One More Important Observation:
I would not recommend choosing any scenic route, which has winding and hilly roads as a feature. Going uphill would prove quite a strain on the calf muscles, and going down hill, would ultimately require the need to carry extra underwear with you. Have Fun, and NEVER OVERLOAD your Tow Vehicle.